The FOG Team is proud to announce the immediate availability FOG 1.5.6.
This release is available for download at:
Download from GitHub
FOG Server (PHP/Web)
- Fix route for editing items like snapins, modules, printers, groups, and hosts.
- Prevent long page load times with user history on individual hosts.
- Fix various minor bugs in Site, AccessControl, and LDAP plugins. (Thanks Fernando)
- Add back the printer config file input field.
- Catch up with changes in RHEL, Fedora, Arch, Ubuntu, and Mageia installations.
- Fix display issue where storage group was shown as empty.
- Repair snapin replication
- Add group name to multicast task name for better distinction of tasks.
- Add SubnetGroups Plugin (Thanks sctt)
- Add iPXE compilation for HTTPS support to the installer.
- Improve random password generation to allow for more different characters.
- Update Spanish language translations. (Thanks Fernando)
- Update rEFInd to 0.11.4
- Rename fog system account to fogproject and add warning to not use this as your username.
- Enhance LDAP plugin (Thanks Fernando)
- Add hostname for SSL certificate generation.
- Add checks for SELinux and firewall rules.
- Add checksums to make sure installer downloads binaries properly.
- Re-work database conneciton handling to speed up page loads.
- Speed up API calls to make UI more responsive when listing storage nodes.
FOG Operation System (FOS)
- Properly handle systems with two NVMe disks that swap in every reboot.
- Fix newly introduced partition flags detection.
- Update Kernel (4.19.36), Buildroot (2019.02.01) and iPXE (latest git pull)
- Change detection of fixed partitions from labels to partition flags. (Thanks Quazz)
- Remove bootup warnings which users keep posting in the forums.
- Re-enable ARM support
- Add Microsemi/Smart Storage PQI controller Driver.
- Add Intel Volume Management Device Driver.
- Adjust build script to run on RHEL as well. (Thanks Quazz).
Comparison of 1.5.5 to 1.5.6:
Changes to the FOG Operating System (FOS) can be seen on the commit history on https://github.com/FOGProject/fos.