The FOG Team is proud to announce the immediate availability FOG 1.5.5.
This release is available for download at:
Download from GitHub
- Update kernel and buildroot version to fix long delay when erasing partition tables
- Improve partition label check
- Add several firmware blobs for NICs and RAID controllers
- Add mdmon binary for better RAID support
- Add X2APIC to x64 kernel to fix OOPS on Atom CPU
FOG Server (PHP/Web)
- Improve php-fpm config to allow for using more resources
- Refactor multicast manager and add dynamic address setting
- Revert refind.efi to 0.11.0 and improve config
- Improve install for Ubuntu 18.04 (PHP 7.2, no external repo)
- Remove php-mycrpt dependency
- Fix Deploy No Snapin task
- Fix Apache config to let the API work on Ubuntu as well
- Allow for more parallel replication FTP sessions
- Re-work and improve replication to storage nodes
Nodes being on different versions (1.5.4 vs. 1.5.5) will replicate images over and over again as some of the hashing code needed to be changed. Therefore we advise you to update all nodes in one go! Please make sure you stop replication on the master first
systemctl stop FOGImageReplicator; systemctl stop FOGSnapinReplicator, then update the storage node(s) and then update master node as a last step.
Comparison of 1.5.4 to 1.5.5:
Changes to the FOG Operating System (FOS) can be seen on the commit history on https://github.com/FOGProject/fos.